AEM Wide Band A/F Gauge Question

94DCTeg

Reppin Tha 701
Whats going on members, i have a question for all you pros, this has stumped me and dont know what to do, i got rid of my narrow band A/F gauge, and now have this AEM Wide Band A/F Gauge, and when i put the gauge in it threw a check engine light, so i take my car to my buddys house who tuned my car and he disabled my stock O2 sensor, and now no check engine light, the gauge reads around 14.0 give or take a little when the car is at iddle, and my tach reads about 700 give or take 50, about where it should be at, and when i turn my headlights on my tach drops to like 600 and the needle fluckuates(SP) and the A/F gauge, goes from 14.0 to 15.4 down to 12.6, not the exact numbers but its around those number on the wide band, IDK what could be causing this with just the headlights on, should i get a new bung put in my header and run my stock O2 sensor aswell ? and will that fix the issue since my O2 sensor is disable ? if i would plug my stock O2 sensor in and leave the sensor hanging there and zip tie it up will that take care of the iddle or no ?, im stumped, please help.

Thank you

patrick4588

Integra God
i have issues sometimes too when i turn my headlights on. im not sure why, i think it has to do with the extra voltage draw? my stock o2 sensor is removed, but i run my ecu off the wideband. i have no experience with the aem, but on my fjo there is a narrowband output that you can run to the plug where the factory o2 went. if you have that as an option i suggest doing it. that will allow your computer to make changes in open loop off the readings it gets. no matter how good your map is, when you go up or down hills, it changes the load and can cause you to lean out or go rich. not too big of a deal when N/A, but if you are boosted and lean out....yeah we all know what happens.