Acura Integ Rs 1990 problems

jonjoshcb

My car has about 341,000 miles and is it normal for the car to take awhile to warp up. Like about 5 minutes. Also when im in a comp[lete stop my cars starts to shake. like rumbleing sounds and shaking. Very annoying! i put it on N so the shaking kinda stops. Anyone have an idea what causes the shaking?

unvmy98ls

"Lucid Dreamin"
my 90 kinda has the same prob. takes forever to warm up and forever to defrost. sometimes when I hit a red light the rpms will rev up and down. I tightened my throttle and it fixed it for the most part but it is a temp fix. it just sounds like the car is trying to die. what are your rpms at when you feel the shake?

jonjoshcb

Yea takes a long time to warp up and defrost. My Rpms would go up and down pretty fast. Its on 1. It always shakes when im at a complete stop.

unvmy98ls

"Lucid Dreamin"
mine does that too. they are just old lol. that's why I am replacing everything. if it aint broke, fix it before it is. do you have an auto?

unvmy98ls

"Lucid Dreamin"
yeah when I bought it 2 weeks ago it had a radiator leak. just bought a racing radiator and a cold air intake and she feels better now but I am far from done. I am making sure she runs while I save up for the engine and all of the fun goodies that come with it.

Welcome BTW

jonjoshcb

Dang. you bought one two weeks ago. well nice. I'm trying to work and get money and work on my car. Im flat broke lol. but yea thanks for the help. I should try to get a cold air intake 1st but yea

Thanks. Im glad i joined

unvmy98ls

"Lucid Dreamin"
it's not a bad place here. there are some nice people. yeah just little by little when you get a chance. make sure all of the maint gets done and you might just need a full tune up.

jonjoshcb

Yea its not that bad. I should have done this sooner haha. Do you know any places that has tuneups?