Acura CD lock question..

Mister_Perkins

Oil Field Worker
Hey guys, I just bought an Acura OEM CD player that fits in my car (havent recieved it yet) and I was just wondering how you enter the Anti-Theft code? it comes with the code. If i enter it wrong the first time, will it lock it? or does it give you a chance to re-enter it? Do i have to disconnect the battery if I enter it wrong?

Mister_Perkins said:
Hey guys, I just bought an Acura OEM CD player that fits in my car (havent recieved it yet) and I was just wondering how you enter the Anti-Theft code? it comes with the code. If i enter it wrong the first time, will it lock it? or does it give you a chance to re-enter it? Do i have to disconnect the battery if I enter it wrong?
When you power the unit on it will say "code" just enter your code. I dunno if it locks you out if you enter it wrong. I do know that you can't do anything with it untill you enter the code.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
If it doesn't come with the lock code then you can usually get them for free from Honda

B18TEG

BLACK DA
but i think they only give it to you in person, and the radio should match the car its supposed to be in. so take a receipt with you to prove you bought the radio legit

Mister_Perkins

Oil Field Worker
B18TEG said:
but i think they only give it to you in person, and the radio should match the car its supposed to be in. so take a receipt with you to prove you bought the radio legit
I just got the cd player today.. everything worked just fine.. I was just nervous about entering it wrong and then it locking me out an not being able to use it at all. But .. its all good. Plug and Play. 8) looks clean too

DA6P1

Banned
negatory it will lock i think after 5 times...just wait like an hour and u can try again!