ac problem

adoboracer

hey guys, i got a problem wit my ac. the other week it was doing ok...just not as cold as some other cars. me and my bro thought that maybe recharging it would help. we recharged it, it worked for a lil but then it jus got warmer and warmer after that...now, my car's idle is all weird wen the ac is on. i didnt overcharge it so i kno its not that. any help with this?????

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
damn no a/c?.... thats a killer right now if you're in kali.... o0o0o0o0o0o WEEeeeEEE its FUCKING HOTTTT and HUMID!!!!

adoboracer

lol, man it sux now here too in florida....fukin hot as hell here. i jus dont know wats going on with it.

MidniteFreedom

there a possiable leak somewher ein the ac pipes. check for it. you gonna need a uv light and yellow glasses works good to see teh glowing green comming out the pipes. and try rechargin again.

1990TeGLs

Official CI Thread Jacker
nope i dont have leather seats....cloth ....cars up for sale neway...buying a newer gen teg.... :lol:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Sometimes those AC recharge kits don't work so great. Maybe you have such a large leak it all just leaked out. You may be better off biting the bullet and taking it to a mechanic. It is normal for the idle to jump up a couple hunderd rpm's when the AC is turned on. When I'm idleing with the AC on, the rpm's go up and back down every 30 seconds or so.

MidniteFreedom

i recharged my ac ay my school. had all the equipments done to it. and yea i didnt know the rpm goes up and down at idle when ac on lol but i hear my exhuast noise goes alittle bit louder and it rattles my bumper alittle.

adoboracer

ok, well its still there, and i kinda dont wanna bring it to a mech jus yet. i noticed that the compressor turns on for about 2 seconds and then stops. sometimes it stays cold, but then it gets warm...