ABS/Seat Belt/Cruise?

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
I never owned a foreign car before. I just bought this 1992 Integra GS 4dr. I got it off a friend of a friend for 700. I got it because my Cavalier 2004 blew its engine and I can't really afford to replace it right now. Anyways. I was hoping I could get a slight opinion on the car, I will decribe it: It is all black, has no problems except for it has a pushed in hood(not that bad) and a small rust spot in the trunk for cosmetics. As for the technical, its got a 180k miles, and the seat belts do the operate, I just seen that sticky does that apply to me? Second the abs light is on, i've seen it on american cars and that usuallyl means the speed sensor in one of the wheels, is that the same for this? The cruise doesn't activate, like it turns on when I hit the switch but it does not set nor resume(accelerate?) Think I got ripped off? It runs real good, needs a strut, right passenger window motor, and a small fix in the exhaust too that I can easily fix.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
700 bucks for a car isn't bad unless it doesnt run IMO. haha

post pictures. I'm not sure if the 4 door's have the automatic seatbelts, but if yours are automatic and don't work, then yes, it applies to you too

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
yea^anything that runs is worth at least that, i didnt think u could blow up a cavalier? anyway welcome!

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
It is a 4 door and it is automatic, and so the seatbelts have a recall on them still or did it fade? and the head gasket blew in the cav due to a turbo pressuring too much on it, and I throw my bearings in the crank and it killed my cams in the process being it was on a trip of 50miles +. I like the acura for one because its a stick and I love stick, my cav wasn't a stick. Two it has a lot of pickup for a 1.8 litre, and I can chirp it up to 3rd gear which isn't too bad I guess. I just want to fix it up a little, I don't like my cars looking like crap. I can't find a hood for under 200, thats really steep imo and the trunk lid is like 200 too, anyone got idea where to get like one for 100 or so. I got my bumper's for my LS sport cav replaced OEM for both 300 painted by maaco and it was good match. but they don't carry the hood =(

EDIT: I forgot to mention there is a short throw shifter in it not that its that big of a deal but he told me it was 100 extra for it, if I wanted it I just said f it cuz I traveled 80 miles to get it and he told me that when I got there, orig it was gonna be 600, I knew he lied to me because I could remove that easy.

other things: I would like to know what people normally do to beef up the engine a little, not TOO much I need the engine to last me and I forgot to meantion when it ideas at light it shakes with a very low rumble feeling, quite annoying feels like engine is like too low for rpm to keep running but still does, I gues

Last edited:

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
abs is most likely low fluid in the abs resevoir. and if it idles at around 750 your ok. thats normal.

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
Doesn't abs usually activate with brake if its the brake fluid? and two it doesn't have tach lol I guess i'd have to get a scanner. which won't happen soon