A little annoying

99Geezer

Ok before i begin, I'm new to Integras, but realize that it probably shouldn't be doing this. Whenever I drive my integra after its warmed up and everything, when i'm at a stop light the idle is at like 1500 for about 3-5 seconds then drops down to its normal idle around 800. I realize its not really a problem but i would much rather it just drop to its normal idle. Any comments would be helpful

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
does it bounce up and down? such as it flunctuates repeatedly when you push in the clutch.
could possibly be your IACV.

Last edited:

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
where is the iacv i gotta check mines out can i clean it or does it need to be completely replaced sorry to thread jack but im still havin the same problem

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
im not exactly sure. i had help from a friend. i'll ask him or someone will eventually chime in.

99Geezer

No it doesn't bounce up and down, it just hangs there for a couple of seconds and then drops to normal

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
IACV...? whats that.... EDIT: I guess control valve... eh? lol

do you just mean IAC?

Its right on the front of your intake manifold next to your throttle body... there are 2 vac lines going into it. It looks like a little solinoid. i'll see if i can get a picture off my buddies today if he brings it into the shop if you need a visual. just lmk.

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
shutup crotch. dont ruin my moment of glory. lol.

i was told IACV so ill stick with it homo.

Last edited:

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
lol, i can be the same thing i guess... The parts guy will look at you funny tho when you order a IACV. lol

IAC-V is really the VTACK version. It adds 50 horse... lol

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
Kuchtaboy said:
lol, i can be the same thing i guess... The parts guy will look at you funny tho when you order a IACV. lol

IAC-V is really the VTACK version. It adds 50 horse... lol
nice. dont you wish you had VTACK.

mteg

Automatic Lover
That seems to be pretty normal. Mine does it from time to time. It's annoying but not really doing any harm.

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
i dont think that's normal at all. a car shouldnt idle so high at a complete stop for 3-5 seconds.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
It's not normal, but some people just don't care. Its all about the driver. personally I'd find it annoying and want to fix it, but if it didn't happen every time, and like once a month, i wouldn't bother with it.