94 integra Rough Idle?

m0nkey

I just bought a 94 integra and on start up it Idle's rough. Start up is like around 2k rpms and it jumps around to 1.5k then back up to 2k. Should i be worried about this? or is it normal?

Thanks

patrick4588

Integra God
is it only when the car is cold and idles normal when once the motor is warm? if so thats normal. its just trying to warm the motor up to normal operating temp.

patrick4588

Integra God
your telling me that when you first go out to your car in the morning and start it, that it doesnt go up to 1700-2000 and stay there for a minute or so? that is completely normal. its the car warming up. it doesnt just drop to idle immediately.

m0nkey

your telling me that when you first go out to your car in the morning and start it, that it doesnt go up to 1700-2000 and stay there for a minute or so? that is completely normal. its the car warming up. it doesnt just drop to idle immediately.
yeah thats correct well i use to own a 96 prelude and it only reved to 1.5k so im not use to it.

Thanks i feel like a major noob :lol:

mteg

Automatic Lover
Idk, my teg used to do that all the time. Turns out, I had a vacume leak from reusing a gasket on my tb. After swapping out that bt wnd a new gasket, new injectors, and some tuning-my car idles fine now. I wouldn't rule out either a leak or incorrect a/f ratio.