93 LS turbo kit

k20fg2si

im new to the forums i own a 08 civic si and just picked up a 93 LS wit about 145 on dash...im lookin to boost it since the motor was built for boost and didnt wanna swap a d16 into it..my question is wat is the cheapest kit i can get..and where.. i know there is a kit on ssautochrome and ebays i mean i just wanna boost it for fun nothing bif something easy and that i can install at home. im new so plz be gentle and fill me on or should i just swap a gsr motor into it and call it a day thanks

91da

do what most ppl do build your own.Just look around for the best deals and build it. That's how i did mine.
i think i spent total 850 on mine, 6psi on a street tune.

k20fg2si

yea im willing to spend like 850 give or take some ...ppl told me to buy a ebay kit or one off ss auto chrome and go from there is that how u started?

91da

yea pretty much. my kit is all ebay but my turbo is a greddy and i got some rc injectors

91da

but if you just want to have fun go with a setup like mine..
not a full kit for like 4000 bucks with ram horn mani. and all that rich ppl stuff lol:lol:

k20fg2si

ye aim just lookin to have a little fun since the motor has 145k on it i dont wanna spend 4k on it i rtaher spend 4k on the si i have but im lookin on ebay and cant find the kit at all and as for as tuning goes how bad was it and did u doi install urself?

91da

i did it all. with some help from a friend or 2. the tune is just a little tune i got from a shop down the street.
if you go for a street tune dont run it for long no matter what psi your running. get a full tune.
i started with something close to this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Civic-Integra-B16-B18-T3-T04E-Turbo-Intercooler-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1171Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem190294371818QQitemZ190294371818QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

k20fg2si

ok sounds good as long as the piping is close and everything fits ill be good and i mite end up using the ebay turbo i dont have enough money to get a new turbo lol my buddys got a DSM turbo he mite trade me idk if that would work but im gonna do some research and look into this i was also thinkin bout ls/vtec build but i rather bang wit boost haha

91da

if you dont got a shop near u to tune your car. a lsv would be best beat or a swap.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
yea im willing to spend like 850 give or take some ...ppl told me to buy a ebay kit or one off ss auto chrome and go from there is that how u started?
Don't listen to those people, those kits are garbage.

You are only willing to spend $850 for a turbo? Go with the GSR swap.

91da

i know someone running 7psi on a FULL ebay kit for 2years so far no problems.... so i dont see no problems with them. i just used a upgraded turbo on mine.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
i see lots of problems with them, they are cheaply made. I've seen the welds on those things...