92 integra gsr high idle problems

92integragsr

hello all, this is my first post and hope to get some good information about my problem. My car is a 92 gsr (original) b17a1. I just purchased the car a week ago and need some help with getting the idle down. When i first start the car in the morning when cold it jumps to about 2500 rpm. Then after warming up (takes a while for this) it goes down to about 1500 rpm. Also the temp gauge in dash does not work. The head was rebuilt less than a 1000 miles ago. I changed the spark plugs, cap, rotor, fluids and cleaned the trhottle body and the IACV (idle air control valve) replaced thremostat with coolant temp sensor also have tried adjusting the screw on the throttle body. I know the car has a p28 ecu in it and could that be the problem? ( waiting for p61 original b17 ecu in the mail should be a couple days) Could the timing be off? I don't know what else to do or where to even start. Should i wait to see what happens when i get the ecu? then re-time it? Thanks.

paczek

dang man i got a 92 gsr too, i have the same problem but i have a swapped engine. wow i think u solved my problem and urs. i got a b18c1 block and a b16a head and it idles at 1500 too. i guess its the ecu then. i dont even know wat ecu i got tho haha. got my car a couple days ago.