91 LS suspension problems

So I want to put the lowering kit from a 94-01 Teg on my DB1. The front forks arent the right size for the shocks to fit. Does anyone have any ideas? I know that 94-01 teg forks dont have enough clearance(theyre not wide enough). I traded my Teins to Ricky cause these looked like they would work. I dont think they are, but at least Rickys happy with the Teins.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
yeah.... DA and DC suspension is different.

There is a way you can use parts from different cars, but I don't remember how... There's a write up on g2ic about hybrid suspension tho.

yeah.... DA and DC suspension is different.

There is a way you can use parts from different cars, but I don't remember how... There's a write up on g2ic about hybrid suspension tho.
Could you link me to the page? I havent got my confirmation email back from g2ic yet so I cant search the forums. I looked but couldnt find it.
It seems that the only problem for the front is the shock not fitting the fork.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
umm.... I had it saved on my computer before I got it re-booted... let me see if I can find it quick for ya.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
yep dude.

It's a great article! Remember that's for the DA tho... not the DC. I dunno if you knew that when you read, but I just wanted to make sure before you got parts that weren't going to work.

yep dude.

It's a great article! Remember that's for the DA tho... not the DC. I dunno if you knew that when you read, but I just wanted to make sure before you got parts that weren't going to work.
Yeah. I know. Now Im just concerned that the EG/DC forks will be wide enough not to hit the CVs when the wheel is turned all the way to one side or the other.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
the cv actually doesn't move that much when you're turning, so.... It shouldn't hit, but just to make sure turn the wheel after you put them on and double check

wite2nr

the axle itself shouldn't be moving much, thats what the point of the boots are, to provide a movable joint. similar to a ball and socket joint in your shoulder (sorry, i'm studying for anatomy class)

the axle itself shouldn't be moving much, thats what the point of the boots are, to provide a movable joint. similar to a ball and socket joint in your shoulder (sorry, i'm studying for anatomy class)
Please dont speak of shoulder joints...my shoulder is so fucked right now. separated AC tendon, bad rotator cuff...yeah. lol.

Yeah I know the axle shouldnt be moving. The EG forks I got today look to have the clearance that it needs. I tried my EK forks the other day and they were way to narrow.

Well, after a trip to the junk yard for EG forks, and a trip to the doc to remove a shard of metal from my eye today, the DB is lowered. Pics tomorrow.