91 Integra RS blows cold air when idle

jmakkinga

Hello,

My girlfriend has 91 Integra RS which has a problem. Her car will not blow warm/hot air when its at idle, it only blows cold air. When we are driving or accelerating it blows hot air and everything is fine. This is a problem when trying to let the car heat up so it can defrost the windows... the only way to defrost the windows is to drive (which is really dangerous).
The car blows cold air, even though the temp is right where it should be. You can pull up to a stop light and then it starts to blow cold, and as soon as you start to drive again - it starts blowing warm air again. I have topped up the coolant, and bled the system - but still no change... any other clues anyone? Maybe there's a problem with the heater core, or water pump? Thanks alot!!

Jeremy M.

skoodles

I <3 Vanessa
dunno bout the 90-93 tegs are the doors in the air duct vacuum controlled? lot of vehicles i get here at the shop when that happens its usualy cause of a vacuum leak. and its not able to hold the vacuum while at idle but when your driving your applying more vacuum so it opens the doors. thats how it is on alot of domestics and such but i never messed with a 90-93 teg