91 b16a2 turbo w/fuel cut please help

91b16a2teg

i have a 91 teg with b16a2 with turbonetics turbokit i have fuel cut when i hit 6200 rpms and its only when i get on it and power shift but when i drive normal its ok. it has stock injecters still and a walbro fuel pump in the tank and a vortec pump under the hood its boosting 11 psi not sure what fmu is in it but if u have any info that could help please post thanks. also its a 99 si motor with a gsr tranny another thing what would be a good fmu to put in it if thats the problem? and how spendy are they?

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
ok well there are a couple of problems with your setup...

1) stock injectors...stock injectors cannot be used on a turbo kit...they dont provide nearly as much fuel as they should for a turbo kit
2) FMU = bad...fmu just jack up the fuel pressure to add more fuel for the added air produced by the turbo...this can cause the fuel injectors to go bad as well as the fuel pump

my suggestion is dont run the car till you get a lot bigger injectors and a standalone engine management to tune it...that will take care of your fuel cut

91b16a2teg

thanks how big of injectors should i buy and how much would they cost also how much is a hondata or could i just get it tuned by local performance shop. also could i mess anything up by running the car on this setup?

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Even after you buy the hondata you will still need it tuned by a local shop. You could mess something up with the injectors being that small. I would go with at least a 550cfm injector, and a walbro 255 lph fuel pump.

91b16a2teg

ok thanks guys but just curious where could i find the injectors and hondata? is there any special website besides ebay?

Winki

Undercover mod
if you have any local shops they should be able to get what you need. also you can also use DSM 450s for a better prices

I agree with everyone who has said that you need bigger injectors, a stand alone, and a tune. Proper tuning is key!
Also, I have a question: What engine management have you been using thus far?

91b16a2teg

not sure havent got the car yet and guy hasnt called me back with the answer for all i know it could have a aftermarket standalone system in it already

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
i highly doubt it that there is an aftermarket standalone on it cuz you still have stock injectors...i bet its just a FMU 12:1 and thats all

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
The DSM injector setup would be great if you are still running the OBD0 with the resistor box. No need for inline resistors.