90 Ls, starting trouble

BIGB90teg

Ok just curious to know what others opinions are! Car is a 1990 LS, ive replaced starter, battery, grounds, and the car still occasionally won't start for a couple turns then it starts! When key is turned forward to start car my dash lights come on like normal but the car doesn't do anything, I'm About to replace plugs and wires but could it be ignition switch or something else?

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
dont waste your money on the plugs and wires, sounds electrical like the ignition switch or the clutch pedal switch, probally the ignition switch last.

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
yeah I agree that it is probably the ignition

BIGB90teg

Ok if it is my ignition switch being bad, would the accessories come on and my dash lights come on?

dc2b18

Wait... What?
Yes. Have you checked the clutch switch?

BIGB90teg

Ok I haven't tried the clutch switch yet but today I got an idea to just for shits and giggles to go and have my buddy turn the key on when I tap on the starter and what do u know it started so common sense tells me its the starter again which means advanced auto parts has sold me 2 junk starters now their getting me one from O'reilly's and see if that works now I'm gonna ask to make myself feel better the car isn't gonna start by me tapping on the starter if it were anything else other then the starter correct?