89 teg swap

Laumen

just bought an 89 teg with a rebuilt d16 looking too swap in somthing quicker. whats a good swap?

Charly[horse]

Name = John
k24 with a k20 head is pretty amazing I have heard. Swaps in a first gen I have heard are hard though and realistically you probably want to go with a b-series engine. Either ls (b18a, b18b), or if you want vtec (b18c1, b18c5, b16, b17 etc).

Drache

As far I know, no one makes kits for a K-swap into a G1. Hasport, however, does make one for a B-swap.

Kaydox

Are the b series better then the dohc 1.6 stock engine?. Nvm. Googled it lol

Last edited:

Laumen

yeah, the d16 in it has a slow pick up but still hauls a** in the long run. im thinking i could do a b18. a friend of mine is doing a f22 in his 83 accord. so hes gonna help. i also gotta look into a manual conversion, i have an auto teggy

dlo253

And it all depends on your budget and goals really. I'm sure an ls swap would do wonders. Especially with a gsr tranny.

bugeye_fever

Hi, my name's Ray, this is my first post and I actually registered for this site because of this thread. I'm a Subie guy, but in looking for a cheaper track car will be picking up my uncles '89 RS in a couple months. I'm pretty new to Honda's but have been reading a lot. If Hasport makes K series mounts for the 2nd gen CRX SI that came with a D16a6, the same motor thats the car I'm looking at... It doesn't seem like it would be impossible. I'm sure there are differences between an 89 crx and an 89 teg, so I'm still reading. On the other hand.. the car's 20 plus years old and the K series is what, 10 now? So if it hasn't been done before there must be some reason, or are 1g integra's just that few and far between and crx's that much more popular?

Laumen

i found a b18 on a used japanese engine site for 1200 i believe, im more then motivated, this car will be a major sleeper and thats what im going for.