89 rs mass oil consumption

89shitegra

i bought my 3rd teg a couple days ago...and shes cleeeeaaaaan lol....only problem is the d16a1 burnin oil...alot of oil. shes throwin a check engine light and every now and then she'll break up under light acceleration n just fall on her face. ran a compression test and got 180 across the board so i assume the rings and headgasket are good. my guess is valve stem seals but i have more experience with rotaries than piston motors. any ideas?

3Axis

mothaf*cka...
I'm in the same boat. I have high engine compression but I have a slow leak. Have you checked the exhaust for a bluish tint? If so, does it only occur on startup or does it always have a bluish tint?

89shitegra

its def oil smoke...not really so much on start up but as start goin from a stop sometime she just falls on her face n puffs blue smoke out the tail pipe. and when i rev her out she really smokes but at WOT it wont break up, that only happens under light acceleration especially when shiftin into a new gear. but it doest happen every time i shift

3Axis

mothaf*cka...
It seems to sound like a leak at the stem seals, but I'm not sure. I use a Lucas Oils crankcase additive which seems to help. So far I've only seen my car blow a plume of blue smoke one time.

89shitegra

yea mines just not happy wit life lol...ima just rebuild the head n call it a day....n now i gotta figure out what this rattle is lol...clutch in silent...off the clutch sumthing rattlin:evil: