"89 Integra rs exhaust question?

D16_TeG

Gen1-Cra Z
i posted a thread last night wondering if anyone knew if their are any other exhaust systems for a '89 integra rs. the only one i could find was a pacesetter, which comes to find out, that it sux and it sounds like shit so i dont want it. does anyone know of any other exhaust are made for that year? or would i just have to custom make one?. and do you think maybe a '89 crx exhaust system would fit my '89 teg. just wondering.

D16_TeG

Gen1-Cra Z
well now since i have been looking aorund forever. i found a bosal rear and front muffler system for my '89. idk anything about bosal systems. but from videos people seem to like them. the tips are nnot huge cans but they are two dual tips that just look like stright tips. let me know if you know anything about bosal systems. thanks.

DeeAOne

i just put a 2.5 inch pipe in the place of my muffler, basically straight piped now with a resonator and cat. a little loud sometimes but its ok to me.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Why not get custom piping and get a good straight-through muffler like the A'PEXi N1 or HKS Hi-Power? Or go sleeper status and get an ES Tuning oval mullfer in black.

mr_malina

Do not do what I did! I thought it would be a good idea to straight pipe the car because it has the factory cat and resonator. It sounds kinda cool and is not very raspy but it is way too loud.

Sheeba

Man, you can't really put cheap parts on these things. I'd recommend mandrel bent 2 1/2 inch pipes with a decent cannon. Probs go for something that will definitely give you a performance boost, but these old 'Tegs are noisy as hell if you don't do your research. Make sure it's not going to be obscenely loud. Also, a quality pod filter will add a nice note.
Posted in your other thread. But I thought I'd add- you may have to look elsewhere besides Honda parts. There are some okay universal cannons that are affordable, just look around, ask in shops. I haven't had any experience personally with them, but I've heard only good things about Magnaflow. I've heard HKS has a good reputation for quality exhaust systems too. I'm also looking into this for my G1.