88 Acura Int LS special

Sparkyman65

Hi all, newby here with a couple of questions. My integra has 179,000 miles and is stock except for the tunes department. Going to replace the drive axles, since there is some noise up there and the boots are past their day. Is there anything else I should do while I am going to the trouble, and are there any hints you can give me, or any special tools I need? I have a Chilton's manual on hand. Thanks for the help.

ssbpdc2

a factory service manual will do you way better than a chiltons. and the axle nuts will be 32 mm so make sure you have that socket I had to go get one. Other than that it is pretty easy.

SubLiminate

Check the alt

I had to replace the alternator at 135k on my Gold Edition. It's a bitch to get out and back in, but it should be easy with the front drive axle out. Test it and make sure your getting 15 or more volts, and if not, think about it. The remans you get at autozone or somewhere like it are pieces of shit, though, so think hard about if your current one is really going or not.

graveyardhippie

subliminate is right, i forgot how getting the alt. out was like an advanced game of plinko. so make sure it's good b4 hand. advance or autozone will check it for free.