6psi Turbo ok for stock internals??

Kaydox

So I bought a turbo kit, I have everything to turbo the car. But I'm wondering if I should. The car has 173xxx on engine.2xxx on tranny. I only plan to run 6lbs of boost. I heard that if i do more i need internal work. Will it be safe on engine? It runs strong no problems anywhere in the car atm other then o2 sensor which I'm fixing this weekend..

So bad idea to turbo?/ what work would I want to do before turbo if I do turbo it?.

rwcjose

Well i dont know that much about turbos but i would make sure the engine is healthy by doing a compression test and do a really good tune up if u havent already. And also once youtube out on a turbo make sure to tune it so it can run nice so it doesnt give u any problem but thats just me

sent from HTC EVO

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
6psi on a big turbo isnt a lot 6 psi on a small turbo is a lot. what size turbo do you have?
what are your compression numbers?
did you check them before you got the turbo kit? It would be kind of sad to see you bought all the kit and found out you need a rebuild because you arent holding compression

Kaydox

No idea how to tune or do compression Shit.. and I'm sure everythings right. My boy built the kit specifically for my car. As for the turbo. It doesn't seem that big to me. But can't rally say. Could post pic later if it would help

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
A healthy motor can handle plenty of boost. Do a compression and leak down test to see if it is in good shape.
It should be easy to tell if the tranny is good, driving around with it should tell you.

Kaydox

Compression test? And the transmission clutch and flywheel er replaced with new 3000 miles ago

Kaydox

Doing a compression test this weekend ill post results and the turbo is a small turbo

Kaydox

That's good . I know it's hard to say. But my engine has 118 stock. How many horses would this turbo give if I run 6lbs.

480codyGSR

It's probably a Mitsubishi 16 g turbo, aren't those garret turbos
If so those turbos run 12 psi stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

480codyGSR

A post count? I'm looking into turbo questions so I don't start a new thread and have people like, well you bitchin about it, patrollin is a 9-9 for you isn't it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk