**56K warn**rubber wear/paint/rust

speedin

The Transporter
i have a problem with some of my rubber on my car..... the side moldings, quarter window rubber, and sunroof rubber. here are some pics of what im talking about. is their any ideas on how to fix this??? also i have 2 spots in my paint where it looks like a layer of the paint has flaked off(see pics) and does anyone know how to fix these?? also in my drivers door their is a small rust crack! i want to stop this from growing NOW! any ideas on how to do this??

Last edited:

DJNAS

HUSTLING FOR A HUSTLER
yo all the rubber molding on your car can be fixed with ... mothers back to black polish ... it will make any discolored black rubber shine like new .. its a oil that is absorb in to the rubber and plastic trims .. it will at least make the rubber look black and will not be discolored ... as for the rust make shore you treat it with some rust treatment ... like rustolem anti rust spray ... also thier is some stuff that i have used call "navel jerry" that shit works good to treat rust ... also beore you treat the rust hit it will a little sand paper . .. thats the way i would go about to treating the rust before i get it painted ... but ask around before you do anyting to the rust and see your options ...

peace

Last edited:

Vanessa

is here for decoration.
Wow mine still hasn't done that yet around the exterior windows and I have a 94 LS.. I've seen a lot of the newer model Integras with rust on the rubber parts around the windows. However, there is some rust in the door jams like yours :| and my fenders too.

Prez

uhh...that paint looks like a cheap job man...

oh and mothers back-to black polish doesnt really work, you should just taket the molding off and spray on flatblack paint and it'll look better than new.

DJNAS

HUSTLING FOR A HUSTLER
oh damm mother's back to black worked good for me .. i use it once a month and it make all the black rubber and plastic look good... its easyer for me to do that then paint it ...lol :twisted:

DC2_Project

stuff called Forever Black works wonders, prob have to order it online though

siscoke

id just let it be fixed at ur honda dealer. put on new rubbers, and tear those sides off and put some new ones on and like Djanas said wax them every month with some rubber/plastic shine to keep them smooth and flexible.

rust is very common in hondas their body work aint that good (thats what i heard) compared to other brands. the later models are fixed but older hondas all have it. my 94 civic coupe had it a friends 94 civic coupe has it to and another friends CRX has it to so (they are all beeing treated like it was our lil baby so no blame on the owners ;)

geetz sis