3rd gen. LS question..

Holiday

zomgkthxbye
I'll be getting my first car soon and I definitely want a teg. I'm looking at '97ish Integras at the moment. I want a GSR but they aren't too easy to come by. So if I cannot come by one I'll settle for an LS

Anyways, the questions...

Does the b16 in the LS come with vtec and DOHC?

Does 6000 seem about right for the price of a clean title, 5spd LS?

Thanks in advance to those who help! :)

UNDERGROUNDAUTO

Holiday said:
I'll be getting my first car soon and I definitely want a teg. I'm looking at '97ish Integras at the moment. I want a GSR but they aren't too easy to come by. So if I cannot come by one I'll settle for an LS

Anyways, the questions...

Does the b16 in the LS come with vtec and DOHC?

Does 6000 seem about right for the price of a clean title, 5spd LS?

Thanks in advance to those who help! :)
well the b16 didnt come in the ls, it must have been swapped into it. the b16 motor is dohc 1.6l vtec.
the proper engine in the ls is the b18b which is a 1.8l dohc non-vtec
need more info to tell the value of the vehicle.
hope that helps some what
Dave

Holiday

zomgkthxbye
UNDERGROUNDAUTO said:
well the b16 didnt come in the ls, it must have been swapped into it. the b16 motor is dohc 1.6l vtec.
the proper engine in the ls is the b18b which is a 1.8l dohc non-vtec
need more info to tell the value of the vehicle.
hope that helps some what
Dave
Oh okay, but do you guys think 6000ish will get me a pretty nice clean title, 5spd LS? I want a GSR but they are harder to find and a bit pricey :X

UNDERGROUNDAUTO

ls

Holiday said:
Oh okay, but do you guys think 6000ish will get me a pretty nice clean title, 5spd LS? I want a GSR but they are harder to find and a bit pricey :X

you shouldnt have a problem finding an ls in that price range, a gsr is doubful for 6k.

p.s. I have a 97 gsr for sale for $7500.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
What's the mileage and condition of the car?
Any other aftermarket stuff on it?
Are you sure the car's an LS?
Are you sure it's a B16 in there, did you see the engine code?
I'm only asking because you sound like a Teg noob, which is fine. We're glad to give you a hand here, get you in a Teg and put your newb days far behind you. :)

Blue Book the car here----> www.kbb.com

acurals209

SYNDICATE 4 EVR
TegSox said:
What's the mileage and condition of the car?
Any other aftermarket stuff on it?
Are you sure the car's an LS?
Are you sure it's a B16 in there, did you see the engine code?
I'm only asking because you sound like a Teg noob, which is fine. We're glad to give you a hand here, get you in a Teg and put your newb days far behind you. :)

Blue Book the car here----> www.kbb.com

tegsox ur a pimp thats all i have to say

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
like tegsox said make sure its a b16 cause that doesnt sound right i dont know many ppl who would swap a b16 in a 3rd gen and 6000 should get you a decent ls maybe around a 95 96 just keep checking dont rush into buying a car until you know enough about it and get it checked out by a mechanic or someone you trust and dont be afraid to ask ne questions here we have tons of ppl who are very knowlegable and are more then willing to help good luck

Holiday

zomgkthxbye
Well, I'll have around 7000ish for sure around march which is when I plan on picking up a teg. Hopefully I can find a nice GSR 2dr.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
wtf you live in so cal and you cant find a gsr for 7k? haha you must be looking at the wrong places cause i see a grip of them for sale. you live in cali, the mother land of import tuning, haha

94-97 usually around 4.5k+
98+ usually 6.5k+

most of them are pretty cheap because it has high miles or because its raced out/modded or even some damage. after i bought my teg for 6k a couple months ago, i found a whole bunch more for cheaper. btw try to buy a car that is stock as possible, that way you know it wasn't abused too much. and for some reason, g3's with b16's means bad news to me for some reason, maybe cause they prolly blew the previous motor or something.

Last edited:

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
i picked up my 95 SE for $5600 with 86k on it and was bone stock expect for the short ram intake and head unit. i got it from a dealer though so it was probably a few hundred dollars more then if i got it from a private seller. if you want a gsr then i say keep looking for one and not just settle for an LS. unless you feel you want to put some time into the car and get an LS with high miles for dirt cheap and swap the motor. or if you want to just go ls-vtec.

try looking around for a gsr on ebaymotors.com, cars.com, or autotrader.com

Holiday

zomgkthxbye
Okay I looked at autotrader and cars.com and found a nice handful of GSR's. They aren't too much more than I thought they would be. Too bad I don't have all my money at the moment! :(

Hmm, first thing I want to do when I get my car is put on a CAI, headers and exhaust. My friend put an Injen CAI , DCRH, test pipe and a bunch of other things on his type s and it screams down the street. What brands would you guys recommend for a '97ish teg? Any specific parts that have good feedback?

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Don't buy anything without doing research. I've had my teg for about 2 years now and I still don't have any performance mods yet. I'm slowly doing research and saving up for stuff.

Holiday

zomgkthxbye
Two years? Doesn't that seem like a bit much? lol :p

I'm pretty set on getting some bolt-on mods shortly after getting my teg when I save up the spare cash to do so. AEM or Injen CAI and DC 4-1 headers. What kind of exhausts would you guys recommend? I hear Fujitsubo and Skunk make awesome exhausts.

Last edited:

integrayean

inline4 whore
dont buy an exhaust, your just gonna get pulled over. mod everything else before you get an exhaust. ive had my car for 3 years and i only got a injen cold air intake with a k&n filter LS Vtec turbo coming soon.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Had a short ram on my teg a week after i got her. A lot of people will reccommend a Greddy SP exhaust. Sounds like you are staying all motor(for now). If I stay all motor I plan on getting an Rs*R Ex Mag, quietest aftermarket exhaust that adds power.