3rd gen integra jdm shift knob help

malicious01

Malicious01 .Ls/VTEC.
i got this jdm type r shift knob... i was wondering if anyone can help me by telling me how to install it, i found directions online but for some reason i dont see the bolt under my stock knob... i believe the previous owner of my car had the knob replaced once before... perhaps thats hwy its hard for me know... anyone got any tips for me

99teg LS

integra evan said:
Screw old one off (lefty loosey) and screw new one on (righty tighty)
The stock shift knob has no nut underneath.
yup!!.. its that simple!

malicious01

Malicious01 .Ls/VTEC.
awsome thanx guys.... it worked, i had to really unscrew it with some force... no nut you guys are right thanx again

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
does it bother anyone knowing that there ITR shift boot doesnt stay up to the shift knob?

because it BOTHERS ME that i can't keep mine up.

K. Legaspi

You Buggin' Out
JDM_Conv3rsion said:
does it bother anyone knowing that there ITR shift boot doesnt stay up to the shift knob?

because it BOTHERS ME that i can't keep mine up.
i ghetto rigged my boot to stay up...

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
Kev_98IntegraLS said:
i ghetto rigged my boot to stay up...
tape? haha. is there suppose to be a washer of some type? when i bought the car it came with a aftermarket shift knob so im unsure.

K. Legaspi

You Buggin' Out
nahh man the next best thing............... rubber band...

you keep twisting it on the shifter and pull it down.. and put the boot over it... lol

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
youre all wrong. measure to where your knob goes and mark it on the shifter. then pull off the shift knob and pull out the center console. put either a hose clamp or a large zip tie about a 1/4 inch form the mark you made and wrap some electrical tape around it a few times so that the clamp or the zip tie doesnt rip or tear the shift boot. then reassemble. i just wanted mine a little lower.

DA9vid

**Former** Civic Owner
8urcivic said:
youre all wrong. measure to where your knob goes and mark it on the shifter. then pull off the shift knob and pull out the center console. put either a hose clamp or a large zip tie about a 1/4 inch form the mark you made and wrap some electrical tape around it a few times so that the clamp or the zip tie doesnt rip or tear the shift boot. then reassemble. i just wanted mine a little lower.
That's how you do it.