2002 RSX Type S Muffler (The NEW Setup)

2ndName

Posted this on Honda-Tech, but I also wanted to share my final phase exhaust setup.

Yesterday, I took off the JDMCARBOY Twin Loop Muffler in place of a 2002 RSX-S OEM Muffler.

As stated in my review of the JDMCARBOY, it is not as silent as expected. Don't get me wrong, the Twin Loop Muffler gives out a great tone IMO.

So I kept the custom 2.25 piping onto the 2.25 Resonator. The only thing changed was the muffler. The RSX Type S OEM muffler matched perfectly. The stock hangers attached perfectly. I believe the inlet of the RSX Type S muffler is around 2.25, maybe 2.1...something. But it still is a bit better than stock.

The tone is perfect. Will be installing an AEM SRI to enhance the sound of the engine. Then I will be lowering the car. And finally, getting some new rims.

Total damage to my wallet for the Muffler ($50) and the install ($30) = $80. Does not count the amount I spent for the first install (Custom piping of 2.25), Resonator, and the Twin Loop. Hopefully I make at least $50 bucks back when I sell the Twin Loop.

Anyways, here are pics of the muffler on the Teg.

SOUND CLIP (Needs Quicktime)

http://home.comcast.net/~angln...2.mov

Last edited:

2ndName

Yea, I can feel more power down low. I kept the 2.25 piping, just changed out the muffler. Should feel a tiny bit more since I just installed the SRI last night. Can't wait to take her out.

2ndName

Added another pic. A bit further from the ass. And a new emblem, lol.

96 LS

dude thats freakin hot...my girl would love that.

ShinsenTuner

New and fresh.
Can you tell me where and how much you got that muffler for. I am in search of one to replace my OEM unit since it's rusted to hell.