1st gen suspension

joeyice911

I have an 88 integra LS and i was planing on doing a b18 gsr swap. i had a friend that was planning on selling me the full swap. my only problem is that i can find any type of aftermarket suspension parts for the 1st gen. dose anyone have any advice on what i can do to make the suspension better then stock so that im not running a gsr on a stock suspension? i heard a rumor that i could modify 2nd gen parts on to my car is that true? or is thier any sites that make aftermarket parts for the 1st gen?

graveyardhippie

and i used coilovers from a 92-95 civic for the back end. so any coilovers from any integras should fit the back, fyi, i used only the spring, the lowest setting on the coilovers was higher than i wanted. tein and eibach do, however make ones specific for this car... if you can find them, and some people prefer thicker torsion bars when they lower them for stiffer handling, i had no issues from the stock one after i keyed it.

heykosal

Angkorian
There are coilovers for some other Honda that you can retrofit in the rear. But the front I BELIEVE(could be wrong) is suspended with torsion bars.

There is some trick that adjusts the bars that can drop the front a good amount but I can't find it.

ssbpdc2

Ground control makes coilovers for the rear. The front is adjustable by a nut under the car attached to the torque tubes. Don't go very far down on stock torsion bars or stock Front shocks it will bottom out bad.

matis

i hurd you leik tegkips?
i had an 88 rs about 10 years ago. i ended up putting 1st gen CRX torsion bars up front, then was able to lower it more than simply adjusting the bottom nut. also, make sure you have the nut secure. some people just tac weld them.