02 sensor wire severed

integrafan

I have a 1986 acura integra with a 1.6 liter engine. The harness wire to my 02 sensor connection point severed at the connector; the plastic male connector that connects to the plastic female connector on the end of the 02 sensor.

The complete harness is no longer available but all I need is the male connector with a bit of wire still on its end so that I can complete the connection. I think many cars of that era used that same kind of plastic male connector, but I don't know which cars. Anyone have any ideas on how to remedy this problem?

Last edited:

j13

Keep It Clean
just get the connector, splice abd twist it, to the harness side, shrink wrap it, (never solder o2 connections) get a new o2 while you're at it. they're only 20$.

integrafan

Thanks but, what do you mean by this splice abd twist it, to the harness side, shrink wrap it? I will post pictures. The new bosch o2 sensor 12050 end should be compatible with other, more available car harnesses. Is there any way to find out what other vehicles that sensor will work with?

integrafan

Gotcha. Here are the pictures...

This is severed harness wire.

This is the clip end where the severed wire should attach. I left the two clip ends connected.

This is both clip ends connected together.

Last edited:

MSP611

^^^this guy...Ya I did becuz this just happened to me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2