Matt's DB8 Picture/Progress Thread

DA6righthand

Registered Badass
the last time i checked this thread was page 7...your car has come a long way! i like everything! the volks looked good, if i could afford nicer wheels thats what i'd pick. either those or CE28N's or RPF1's in gold.

i skipped to page 121...and i read you're having problems with burning oil. i also saw you're running Royal Purple. i've heard things about RP...such as it being too thin. i've heard this second hand, so don't quote me on that. i personally run AMSOIL and have done so 40k miles. my car did burn a bit of oil before i made the switch, but after the first change my car was noticeably burning less. now i don't have to add any oil between changes which i do about every 10k miles. every time i change the oil it's not completely black. before my switch i had seen under the valvecover and everything was stained from the Mobil 1. now everything looks new and isn't stained. besides that, i've read up on different oils on bobistheoilguy.com and made my decision to run AMSOIL. this stuff works. my friends dad has ran AMSOIL in his 89 accord since it was new. he changed the oil once a year since then. the things runs perfect, no hiccups at all.

about oil filters...those HAMP oil filters aren't all that great. they actually leave paper fibers in the motor from the filter element and it is harder for the oil pump to pump oil through the filter. i got me a Trufilter from Jegs. these things are awesome. they're rebuildable and you'll never have to buy another filter. the filter element is a steel mesh screen that can filter out the tiny paper elements left by the other filters. granted these are expensive, but they do such a better job than paper filters. if you are hell bent on getting the best sh*t for your car, get this filter!

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
its weird knowing exactly where you took your pics on page 1...
Lol! I bet I would feel the same too. I can't wait to hit up the NorCal tracks...

the last time i checked this thread was page 7...your car has come a long way! i like everything! the volks looked good, if i could afford nicer wheels thats what i'd pick. either those or CE28N's or RPF1's in gold.

i skipped to page 121...and i read you're having problems with burning oil. i also saw you're running Royal Purple. i've heard things about RP...such as it being too thin. i've heard this second hand, so don't quote me on that. i personally run AMSOIL and have done so 40k miles. my car did burn a bit of oil before i made the switch, but after the first change my car was noticeably burning less. now i don't have to add any oil between changes which i do about every 10k miles. every time i change the oil it's not completely black. before my switch i had seen under the valvecover and everything was stained from the Mobil 1. now everything looks new and isn't stained. besides that, i've read up on different oils on bobistheoilguy.com and made my decision to run AMSOIL. this stuff works. my friends dad has ran AMSOIL in his 89 accord since it was new. he changed the oil once a year since then. the things runs perfect, no hiccups at all.

about oil filters...those HAMP oil filters aren't all that great. they actually leave paper fibers in the motor from the filter element and it is harder for the oil pump to pump oil through the filter. i got me a Trufilter from Jegs. these things are awesome. they're rebuildable and you'll never have to buy another filter. the filter element is a steel mesh screen that can filter out the tiny paper elements left by the other filters. granted these are expensive, but they do such a better job than paper filters. if you are hell bent on getting the best sh*t for your car, get this filter!
Hey wassup man! Thanks for leaving your input. I will take your advice into consideration. How's your DC4 doing?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
ti skipped to page 121...and i read you're having problems with burning oil. i also saw you're running Royal Purple. i've heard things about RP...such as it being too thin.
I've heard that as well. I know for a fact that Royal Purple makes 4G63 lifters tap. I tried it and didn't like it. I can't really tell if my car ever burned it more than anything else though. My GSX gets it's oil changed based on time, not mileage. I don't drive it enough to tell. The GST burns oil anyway because it runs decent boost don't have a catch can.

But it definitely creates lifter tap, that's the reason most 4G63 owners don't run it unless they've done a 3G lifter swap

proudtobeawesom

i like your car alot man

makes me want 94-97 4door

my could was a green 94 i miss it =[

is that square mark under the back bumper where your front tires were?

~kevin