LS engine into a GSR

phatboi523

sleepy
hey im putting and obd2 Ls in my gsr so i can build my gsr motor and still drive my car.. its a 98 i was just woundering is there anything i should look for and anything i need to do before i put the ls in?? everything in my car should work im getting the ls ecu its an auto trans so i would have to change the flywheel right? i know might be some stupid questions but i just wanna make sure thanks guys

PS this site has helped out alot

Winki

Undercover mod
LS one fiine. just making sure you wernt going to use the GSR dizzy. also your car 98 right or theLS motor?

theone

Hey, phatboi523,

I have a BIG BIG favor to ask you. On the passenger shock tower is where the fire wall wire harness connects to the engine harness. Will you please look on your 98 GSR passenger shock tower and tell me the number of connectors (3 or 4) it has. It should be all clamp together in a vertical row there on the pass shock tower. Big Thanks.....

If I were you, I'd buy a beater with the money spent on the ls engine/trans until the GSR re-build completed then resale the beater. Unless you know someone who has done it locally that can land a helping hand, the time it will take and amount of trouble to get there is not worth it. Troubleshooting wiring is a bitch...

phatboi523

sleepy
Hey theone..
There are four connectors on mine.. well i already have the Ls motor and i got it dirt cheap im putting it in on my own.. just had a few questoins

theone

Thanks for the Info, phatboi523.

Looks like I'm screwed then. I bought this GSR shell from a guy who had an LS in it before. I got my 2000 GSR engine in connected everything in and the harness from the fire wall only have 3 connectors... WTF... I try started anyway but nodda... The firewall harness does not appear to have been cut or anything. What do you guys think I have here????

Winki

Undercover mod
Thanks for the Info, phatboi523.

Looks like I'm screwed then. I bought this GSR shell from a guy who had an LS in it before. I got my 2000 GSR engine in connected everything in and the harness from the fire wall only have 3 connectors... WTF... I try started anyway but nodda... The firewall harness does not appear to have been cut or anything. What do you guys think I have here????
you shure its a gsr shell

phatboi523

sleepy
lol yes its a gsr shell nothing was touched on the car when i got it... im not sure what to tell ya winki sorry man

theone

I think Winki was talking about my 98 GSR shell, phatboi523 and my answer is 'Yes' it is a DC2 (GSR) on the tittle and sticker marks all around. Not sure what to do next.. Thanks..