best way to clean rims????

Teg96

i wanna kno wats the best or most effective way to clean rims...i have bought fat fives and they were like pitch black on the inside i will post pix of how i got em tomorrow or thursday and pics of the job i did cleanin em and if its even possible for them to get cleaner...ive used metal brushes and rim acid i took from my job lol and some otha stuff..

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
Are you asking How To Clean rims or just stating that you did clean them...lil confusing.

As for cleaning them, I wouldnt use anything other than mild soap/water and a sponge/microfiber towel. The "rim acid" and metal brushes are overkill and can damage the clearcoat on the fat fives as well as wear down the metal of the wheels.

DA_Integra

Not White, Pearl White
Just any name brand rim cleaner and a sponge and water.

Teg96

im askin for better advice on cleanin em srry bout that...im gettin em clear coated again cuz they were pretty bad....i did do that already but i jus wanted to kno if there anotha way thats more affected....

Sammich

if u use rim acid...DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT USE A BRUSH WITH IT...just spray it and rinse. if it dont work, fine..wax the wheel, then try again. even though the acid is for wheels, its still potent enough to screw up the clear coat as was said.

but use some ajax(its degrease soap) rag and brush and myabe some purple power up in the crevices...and u should be fine. just remember what ever degreaser u use...wax the wheel afterwards

even try some acetone

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
if u use rim acid...DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT USE A BRUSH WITH IT...just spray it and rinse. if it dont work, fine..wax the wheel, then try again. even though the acid is for wheels, its still potent enough to screw up the clear coat as was said.

but use some ajax(its degrease soap) rag and brush and myabe some purple power up in the crevices...and u should be fine. just remember what ever degreaser u use...wax the wheel afterwards

even try some acetone
Thanks for the heads up Bryan.

Sammich

I've used acetone once..wasn't a great idea!!
i had specs of paint on my maxima wheels and i used acetone all over my wheels..pure acetone and a rag to get it all off. i had to use a lil elbow grease but it came off. i also washed and waxed the wheels/car afterwards and whoa..til this day i have never seen a set of oem 17" maxima wheels shine like mine have, i'm not kidding. i mean it works good in cleaning. but the bottle does say to use in a inconspicuous area, so..to eaches own on the wheels. i was ready to paint them anyway if it screwed up, but i knew i was fine.

Thanks for the heads up Bryan.
no problem matt..i do a lil detailing so i have to know some secrets here and there on what to do/use. i try alot of stuff on my cars so i can know what works on other cars. my next step is learning how to shampoo..i've read up on it..just dont have the time...*gayfer*

Teg96

thanx for the advices guys...very much appreciated and will try when i have the time

Teg96

o for real...thats 1 of the ones i used beside the 1 i took from work...it was helpin me take out all that grease that was left on it...it looked like it hasnt been cleaned for years and i am not exaggeratin