building my block need help

rspjean

im putting my b18c5 head on my b18c1 block should i use itr pistons or ctr pistons? anything other items u guys recomend for the block?

rspjean

is there anything else i should do to the block ? im getting it re surfaced and getting the itr pistons

TypeR?

save some cash by getting a b16 head instead of the c5 head. they are the same casting. unless you are getting a deal on it

Backwoodz Tuner

ARP head studs, have your crank micro polished, and pistons and rods balanced and blueprinted. And since you got your motor in pieces, lighter forged rods are always good insurance on a built motor, but all this is jus my 2 cents

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I didnt see the reccomend part......

Bore it to 84mm and stroke that bitch. Check aussies build.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Low budget, arp rod bolts, rs machine pistons with 12:1 compression, oem or acl bearings, arp headstuds
High budget, go for broke, I did.

patrick4588

Integra God
are you planning to boost it or stay all motor the whole time? i would get forged pistons just in case you decide to turbo it down the road.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
So he's going to put forged high comp or low comp in? If you change apps you change pistons. That's why I recommended the rs because they're good and cheap to replace.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I just reccomended the rs because they cost the same as the itr or ctr in most cases, good thing is you can specify compression with them.