Maintenance Done, now 1st PROJECT!!

Integra Mom

Hey Folks,

I have the maintenance done that I wanted to do and am ready to turn my attention to first project.

The car is running great but I am thinking I want to beef up the suspension for our twisties we have here in mountains. I live just over the mountain from Tail of the Dragon - I've seen some photos this forum has posted on that fun stretch of road so I know it is very fitting I ask you...

What suspension systems are you running. Any dos or dont's you have found after making your choices?

Thanks!!

Mom

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Do stay away from Ebay "coilovers".

What kind of drop are you looking for?

I personally plan on getting AMR coilovers.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
^^^ yes, definately stay away from cheap quality ebay coilvers / springs.

there's 3 setups you can go for. springs / shocks, sleeved coilovers / shocks, or the best of them all and expensive, the complete coilover system.

sway bars and camber kits definately help stabilize the car also. its kinda of hard to say which setup is best cause of the budget and different setups.

i've always heard good things about Ground Control sleeved coilovers in conjunction with the adjustable koni yellow shocks. then there's the teins, buddy clubs, amr, jic, pic, and etc... for complete coilover systems.

Integra Mom

I've waited to reply to do my homework here.

You have to understand, last car I actually thought about suspension in was 67 GS that could turn 12.4s quarter mile....this is not the twisties this car will be facing :)

With that in mind, I want to keep this car daily driver compatible and have decided the drop I want is maybe around 44mm range.

Any thoughts?

white3g

Eibach has a few spring/strut setups.
i was going to go with them for my DC considering in Michigan that coilovers just get rusted due to the weather.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
She is only looking for a 1.75" drop, and we dont know a budget. She might not need coilovers.

Eibach Sportline's are 1.7", think Tein S-techs are close to that also.

Integra Mom

Budget

I do not want to break the bank but would rather spend more money now so wont have to spend even more money later. As you may recall, this is a project car for me and son and it is my hope he will want to take it over the further we get into it. I am taking your great advice, work on looks first, let him tackle the performance issues later. The shocks are in bad shape and need replaced elsewise I would be concentrating on the other.

I'm also beginning my research on body kits, any help with the terminology would be great.

Thanks!

vtecvaz

vtecvaz
No not a body KIT!
Total waste of money, and ride quality. Acura makes lip kits that come from factory and keep the car looking sweet. Body kits get nasty after a few months because they usually tend to be big and lowering the car will have them to close to the ground, which in turn hit everything a normal car without a kit wont.

But hey thats just my 2 cents. From personal experience
Back in 1999 I came back from japan with a 96 spec ITR setup, a BOMEX body kit and Bride zetta 2's
The car turned out to be a monster 92 CX hatch, but the body kit kept me from enjoying the car on the road.
It was lowered with progress full race suspension on 16 Buddy clubs, the car wasnt even lowered low but that kit hit everything in site. What a waste of money. I eventually sold the kit and put on Stock bumpers, it was a whole new ride after that, and all mustangs paid dearly with low 13's in street trim.

Ah the good days how I miss that hatch, also went B20 with it.