Overfilled Oil ! OPINIONS WANTED!

IntegrasAreBest

Honda / Acura Fanatic
Well my friends cousin did an oil change in his 01 gsr, problem is he put at least 3/4 quarts over the full dot. I changed his spark plugs today and noticed oil in cylinder one. He then told me the truth and said that when it was on jackstands it read near empty. I was like you idiot, of course its going to read near empty, IT'S ON A SLANT!!!! So I drained out most of the oil he's on about 3/4 full right now. We're going to do a compression test on wednesday and see what's up. Any ideas on what kind of damage he could have done? I don't notice anything wrong with the car, no leaks, no oil in exhaust, no mixing of fluids. I decided not to bash him too hard though, he's only 17 and his brother( my friend ) is in NYC for college and this gsr is his first car.

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
at most....it will smoke for a while.....if it was taken care of right away.......if it wasnt......hrrmm.......alot of stuff could go wrong......im pretty sure your ok though.

IntegrasAreBest

Honda / Acura Fanatic
yeah i think it'll be okay, he bought it in September. It's a certified pre-owned Acura car. Well I guess we'll see.

nautica_t

you should be fine, you'll just see alot of white smoke until it all burns away, tell him to keep it in vtec, and it'll burn in no time.

IntegrasAreBest

Honda / Acura Fanatic
yeah we will see what the verdict is tomorrow. He drove around for two weeks overfull. I'll keep you guys posted.

posHonda

you should be fine, you'll just see alot of white smoke until it all burns away, tell him to keep it in vtec, and it'll burn in no time.
Keeping it in VTEC is probably the worst way to deal with the situation lol

Having too much oil can cause problems though so just drain some out and keep us posted.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
The bottom oil squirters kick in while in good when VTEC engages. Smoke is to be expected on older cars in VTEC

simple97GSR

overfilled? oh oh..

yikes, hopefully nothing in the internals have been damaged, would definately suck to have a 2001 gsr engine destroyed.

good luck bro

IntegrasAreBest

Honda / Acura Fanatic
Compression test turned out beautiful! There is nothing wrong with the car. We changed his motor & tranny oil, and changed the spark plug grommets, and his car is running perfect! Honda motors kick ass!!!!

HYPE-R

They kick ass because its not bad to overfill these motors that much. One nothing will happen and Two keeping the car in vtec is probably the dumbest thing to ever say.

Bizkit64

Yo?
Well if your really worried take it to the dealer and tell them to look at it. I bought my car in Aug from my friend who did an engine swap on the car, (96 GSR /w LS) and when I had a check engine light, I brought it to my acura dealership, and the car was still under warrenty... No idea how that worked but they fixed my problem (had to replace a housing) and gave me a free tune up... oil change and cleaned my tires up.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
3/4 quart wont do any damage.. You should be fine.

If anything you should have already seen issues.