RWD conversion possibility?

enoch723

I know its gunna be hard if its even possible, but does anyone know if there is rwd or even 4wd conversion for the 1st gen teg?

I know if it is possible that it will be hard having to get the drive lines and everything, but I really would like to make my teggy into a drifter now that I have to replace the engine (Bad bearings) so i figure I might as well go all out with it, it is the right weight distribution

Im tired of seeing 240's at the track and I really want show the potential of my teggy

stillhere153

HondEducated
if you can source a civic wagovan YES it is very possible using the crv manual trans which is a cable trans all you'd have to do is disable the front wheels, using the driveshaft from wagovan and rear from wagovan also... look up Epic Tuning (PA)

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
There have been several mid-engined integras built by people. The RWD swap can get expensive very quick since a tunnel needs to be made for the driveshaft, custom routed exhaust, custom gas tank/fuel cell, and custom/fabricated rear suspension. It is possible to do and unless you know how to do everything yourself it is cheaper to buy a 240sx, FB or FC RX-7, Supra Mk II or III, Miata, etc.
Here is a video of one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh0PUmNRiD4&feature=fvwrel

enoch723

What about from a 95 passport? If I remember right its actually made by Izusu, I could be mistaken. But shouldnt it work too? I havent really dug my teeth into any of the older cars yet to know any of this stuff, but Im learning.

As for the fabrication, Im not entirelly worried cause I can fabircate most of myself. I forgot about cutting a spot for the drivetrain, which I might have a buddy do, that a little out of my league.

As for just getting a 240 or something.. No. Simply put. EVERYBODY has a damn 240 or corolla. I want something that is mine that I put more then just engine and tuning into, I want a car with heart that will turn everybodys head. Thats why I want my 1st gen teg.

I have always loved my teg and it would just give it a whole new life being rwd or even 4wd

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
There is a reason that everyone has a 240sx and its because you don't have to convert it to RWD. If an RWD swap was something easy to do there would be a lot more of them. If you want something that will really stand out do a Galant - Evo conversion. This swap is still a lot of work and it can get very expensive depending on how its done.

Also an Impreza 2.5RS - Ver 4 STi swap (RSTi swap) gets a lot of attention, my friend just finished doing this swap and his car can move. He raced an Evo VIII and won, it puts about 280hp down at the wheels and just over 300hp at the crank. At meets his car always gets large crowds around it, similar in size to an R32 Skyline GT-R that comes around once in a while from Canada.

If your set on keeping your Integra start off by doing a lot of measurements and finding out what size all the parts have to be. Decide on a drivetrain based on the measurements and work around that. If you change the engine orientation, you will also need to make custom mounts.

Here is a pic of an example a shop used to show what the custom rear subframe looks like for FWD to AWD/RWD

enoch723

Is the pic of a teg getting the convertion?

And I know no matter what I have my work cut out for me, Im not dead set on using my teg, but I can do most of the fab myself and everything instead of going out and getting a new car.

No matter what I do though i know its gunna be a long tiring expensive project Lol

Does anyone know of any drivetrains/trannys that would bold directly into my tegs d16? Trying to do as little modifications as possible. If I can I would like to avoid doing an engine swap but I know the chances of me using the d16 is like 1%.. Lol. I dont expect to keep it

Last edited: