When you buy name brand, it doesn't necessarily mean you get superior product

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
So i got my integra in june 05 ... i wanted to go with good stuff and not ebay generic like all of my other hondas. So i buy an apexi n1 exhaust, which is supposed to be one of the best. What happens? The fucking thing breaks all the way around right by the resonator and falls off my car on the fuckin highway. No i didnt hit any sort of bump or bottom it out hella hard.

Hmm ... that didnt happen with my APC muffler on my old civic or my FOCUZ exhaust on my old accord.

Then theres the DC SPORTS header i have ... i shoulda known better since after all dc is owned by AEM and we know how full of shit aem is with fake exagerrated dyno proven hp claims the thing wont stop gettin cracks in em and i keep finding and fixin em.

so right now my car is on jackstands in the driveway, and the same 3 bolts on the cat that i couldnt get off when i put this fuckin exhaust on, wont come off this time either and its raining ... and yes i still have that test pipe but i cant get the damn o2 sensor to unscrew from the stock cat, and even if i could i would still need those fuckin 3 bolts to bolt up my stock exhaust to the test pipe!

Great way to end a vacation!! I guess it coulda been worse and the damn exahust could have broke off my car in arizona instead of 10 miles from my house.

At least i wasnt a complete. dumbass and went with the generic intake ... still works fine and hasnt sucked any bypass valves into the motor unlike what i hear about people with aems.

Last edited:

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
MoJoJoJo said:
yes quality is better.... get wat you pay for :thumbs up
did you even read? My apexi n1 BROKE ... while i had no problems with the cheap ebay exhausts on my other cars.

MoJoJoJo

Banned
lol no it was too long, i justed read ur title lol

MoJoJoJo

Banned
okay..where and who did u buy ur N1 from? was it an actual apexi N1 or a Apexi N1 "STYLE" exhuast...

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
i bought it local from a guy who had it on his integra type r show car so it was hardly used. Yes it is the genuine apexi n1 exhaust.

MoJoJoJo

Banned
lol let me read the whole thing, i havent read anything yet

MoJoJoJo

Banned
ok...now that i have read ur post...now, when it broke...are u saying that the pipe broke or did the bolts broke off. cuz its hard for me to believe steel would break...maybe poor installation or poor quality bolts but, steel? i highly doubt it.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Damn JoJo, how about reading through a members thread and trying to help him out/saying something constructive, instead of being obsessed with just whoring it up around here?
Your not the only one who does it, though.

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
i know im guilt of whoring also but i try to help im not lazy like most....hold on wait wat was this thread about...lol jk that kind sucks melt i got my intake and exhaust from nopi not name brand (number #1 racing) but there still good for me but my shifter and motor mount inserts are all name brand

MoJoJoJo

Banned
lol ok next time i will try and read first

well are u sure that it broke off? or was it like that dude to the fact that it broke off the highway..and that caused damaged to it....cuz steel breaking off?! the pipe!? i'm not saying it couldnt happen, just hard to believe

k624ash

what is the n1 made of? is it stainless steel? cause i couldnt see that breaking unless you bent it back and forth over and over to weaken the metal to the point of breaking. which side of the hangars in the middle did it break? cause it shouldnt fall of the car. did the muffler fall of also?