why do my rpm's go up and down when I'm on a stop?

nwslsquad

i start the car and its at 1500 then in 3 min it drops and i see my rpms going up and down constantly from 600-1200rpms only when im on a stop. is this normal? i have a fully built gsr with 12:1 compression

eiznekeM

You'd have to check vacuum lines for cracks or breaks that would be causing leakage.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Is the car tuned? What gas are you running? 12:1 is about the limits for straight pump gas

nwslsquad

yeah i have it on a street tune. im running 92 vpower just as i was told from my tuner. also my pistons are 12;1 compression wiseco pistons

nwslsquad

i cheeked and my throttle body was really loose that fixed the problem. but now it will rev a little in the 1000rps to 1500rpms then it will stop it revs a little not as constantly as before. before i stoped at a light and it reved now it revs like once but not at every light. some one told me to give it slack any help?

Alvi84

In the haynes manual it explains how much slack to give the throttle cable. I'm at work and don't have the ability to scan it and post it for ya but I'm sure some searching will find a similiar thread.