h22 in a sedan

DarkDB1

It won't be any different then putting a H22 in a DA.

If you have it, then it's worth putting it in. But if you're looking to buying one... I'd stick to B-Series. The H22 is a heavy engine.

wite2nr

uh, its about 35lbs or something heavier. relocate your battery then *bam* same weight. you are going to need different mounts, linkage, etc. search a little bit. is it worth it? what are you using the car for?

DarkDB1

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2241968&page=7

You're right. I just went by what I was told.

But none the less I guess it's all a matter of what you want with the car... Straight line racing it's a good motor, But i don't know if 40 pounds is a good thing right over the front wheels. I suppose it's nothing some very specific suspension tuning cant fix.

Last edited:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Bah, get a lighter battery, problem solved. It's a good swap for the money. The H is a different motor then the B but since you probably have an LS in there already it wouldn't be too different of a drive. You would probably like it a lot and it will perform well. You can even get the H2B tranny convertor and keep your tranny that you have now.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
The H22 is a good engine. It wouldn't be difficult to install.

4doorluvin

yea the h22 is just sitting in my crippled accord, got it swapped into my accord, 3 days later the alternator died, i got that fixed. then i had a little bit of an electrical fire lol melted my fuse box. and its been sitting for about 2 years.

i would be using the car for a dd and maybe a 1/4 mile monster. its gonna be in a sedan so i know its not gonna be the fastest thing. the tranny in my accord definately has some different gearing in it. at 3k rpms in 5th gear i was doing about 70. so well see.

hows the electrical for the swap? i just wanna hear peoples opinions not some nerd that just wrote an article. thats why i havent really searched yet but the more i think about it the more i wanna do it :D

H22DB7

BooStEd_DB7
youll love it, itz not as bad as i thought.. the main thing youll need is motor mounts of course, but itz pretty simple