P73 ecu in a gsr

DB8kid

what would i need to run a p73 ecu in my gsr cause i know the type R ecu is a odb2 and my gsr ecu isnt a odb2??? would i still need to do something to make it run or just hook it up ???:???:

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
You would need to convert to OBD2. I would also switch to a Skunk2 intake manifold since this new ECU doesnt have IABs.

patrick4588

Integra God
its OBD2. and some gsr ecus are obd2, it depends on what year your car is. why would you want to run a itr ecu in your gsr? it will only make your car slower

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I checked his profile, said he had a 94.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Either way, an ITR ecu won't help much. If you're built enough to worry about a tune then get a chipped P28 and/or hondata. You have an OBD1 car anyhow. A P73 benefit to hassle ratio isn't worth it.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Good point. I will look into it.

Is the ECU JDM?
Is it OBD2a or OBD2b?

DB8kid

aight thats coo then i wanted to get my stock ecu chiped but i wasnt to sure about that cause i wouldnt have a stock one and i wouldnt pass smog for shit. but the reason why i was asking cause i just raced me friends EG and he was runnin a chiped p73 ecu in a sohc n smoked tha shyt out of me so i was just wondering if i could do the same but i knw he's gonna blow his sohc cause thats the only ecu he has.

DB8 94 vtec baby!!!!

Beckster

b20 GSR vtec, type R ecu
I have a B20 vtec with the GSR head and I have the Type R ecu. There is more pull but not much difference between the two. The vtec cross over is stronger and louder due to the Type R air/fuel mapping is more aggressive. If you go with it (and I do recommend it IMO), you should also get the skunk2 pro intake manifold. The Type R does not have Secondaries like the GSR so it will not open them up. The Skunk2 pro intake manifold it does not come with secondaries. Then it is worth it.