Some great anti-theft tips

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I was on Honda Tech for the first time in like 2 months tonight and found a thread with a link that has some good anti theft ideas for our cars.

Click Here

speedin

The Transporter
thats some intense stuff. but really a garage will be the best bet. installing "trick wiring" unravaling stock looms to run your wire. their is some REAL time consuming stuff in their. but still a good read :D

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
There's not gonna be a garage at the mall or at the supermarket :)

I agree, it's a lot of work just to do half that stuff, but it can save your car if you get tapped.
I went back into my own alarm install last fall and improved upon my initial install. I moved my siren from behind my glove box to a much better place. Still inside the car, but better hidden and alot tougher to get to, and there's two sirens inside the car now also. I also added fuel cutoff, but I didn't put it on a switch. It activates when the alarm goes off, so like if I remote start the car and someone sets off the alarm while its sitting there running, it shuts down. I may add a switch this spring.

3 good reasons to put your alarm siren in the car:
-It won't get road grime, salt, water or sand on/in it, possibly ruining it.
-Like the guys says in the article, "as a defiant "f**k you" for your guest to enjoy as he hacks away at your ignition key cylinder". :) I love that, it's why I did it. and also because...
-Because no one gives a damn about a car alarm going off anymore, so why announce to everyone that your alarm is going off...they don't care. So put it inside and blast the theiving pricks eardrums out.

DJNAS

HUSTLING FOR A HUSTLER
TegSox said:
I was on Honda Tech for the first time in like 2 months tonight and found a thread with a link that has some good anti theft ideas for our cars.

Click Here

thats a great link .. very easy to put a cut off switch ..... you know i am doing it first thing tommrow morning :)

speedin

The Transporter
DJNAS said:
thats a great link .. very easy to put a cut off switch ..... you know i am doing it first thing tommrow morning :)
where will you put your switch?? i dont know where to put mine. im in between several spots. u?

DJNAS

HUSTLING FOR A HUSTLER
speedin said:
where will you put your switch?? i dont know where to put mine. im in between several spots. u?

lol i in side my hand break .. lol you figure out the rest ..lol ..i got a auto teg so i have a slick little spot .. your never know .. i will try and post some pics of it tommrow once i am done with the install ... .

speedin

The Transporter
:shock: thats the same place i was thinking of(i have an auto!). but i was wondering how to mount it w/o any screws showing? i was also thinking of my rear ashtrey. and before u start do it, make a how to. also running the wire would be a pain from that distance from the source.

DJNAS

HUSTLING FOR A HUSTLER
speedin said:
:shock: thats the same place i was thinking of(i have an auto!). but i was wondering how to mount it w/o any screws showing? i was also thinking of my rear ashtrey. and before u start do it, make a how to. also running the wire would be a pain from that distance from the source.
lol the ash tray will break ..i broke mine ..lol shit i got to go to the auto auction and steal some parts .lol i use all the the stuff that the link says to buy ...same relay and switch ... .. the switch is a little big but it worked out i put it in the hand break right at the top .. it fit like a charm ... i am telling you its a very easy set up and not many wires to runn .. but just make shore you follow all the diagrams .. because the firsttime i hooked it up the relay was bakwards and it did not work ... also use a 15 amp fuse in the line ... trust the hand break is the best spot and its very simple to do ... just take your time and dont start you project late after noon .. lol i did that shit yesterday and it got to dark out to finish it ... i finished this morning and that it works great .. i reccomend not to use a 14 gauge wire .. that shit tis too think ... lol i use it but was a pain .. alll the parts should not cost you more then $30 dollers .. hay by the way i drilled holes and the screws do not show ... also make shore all the connections you make are tight .. i had to rip the whole shit appart because of a loose wire ..lol ... let me know how it go's ..

:twisted:

speedin

The Transporter
DJNAS said:
lol the ash tray will break ..i broke mine ..lol
thanks for the heads up. i was planing on drilling into that! now ill just do a handbreak. btw where did u mount it? their is alot of options. 1) up against arm rest(screws going through the armrest compartment). 2) up against the side of the e-beark housing (screws coming out next to the driver seat). or 3) on the under side of those unused switches (4 of them), or a visable install with the swtich taking the place of one of those switches. one more question (trying to get it all down before i go at it) like the how-to says that the wires run next to the drivers seat, where were they(under carpet, plastic molding). and was the wire yellow? could ya post some pics! thanks. lets get these tegs safe :D

DJNAS

HUSTLING FOR A HUSTLER
speedin said:
thanks for the heads up. i was planing on drilling into that! now ill just do a handbreak. btw where did u mount it? their is alot of options. 1) up against arm rest(screws going through the armrest compartment). 2) up against the side of the e-beark housing (screws coming out next to the driver seat). or 3) on the under side of those unused switches (4 of them), or a visable install with the swtich taking the place of one of those switches. one more question (trying to get it all down before i go at it) like the how-to says that the wires run next to the drivers seat, where were they(under carpet, plastic molding). and was the wire yellow? could ya post some pics! thanks. lets get these tegs safe :D

lol man i i mounted the switch at the top of the e-brake its hard to explain . you know the black rubber around the e brake leaver at the top .. .( first let me tell you i took off the entire arm rest ...) thats was the only way to mount the switch .... it like dam i have to take a pic and e-mail it to you .. i cant explain it .. shit .. ok as far as wireing i ran it under the rug to the fule pump ... witch is under the back seat ... rember to take off the back seat you have to unbolt the one bolt at the back of it in the trunk .. then just pull it out ... its mad easy the you will see a meatel cover over the fule pump .. just follow the wires open up the wire cover and you will find a yellow wire and a black wire just cut th eyellow wire and wire in the relay and the switch .. its mad easy just follow the diagram in the picture ... dude if your in nyc i could install it for you with in 1 hour .. thats how easy it is .. once you do it you will be like that dam easy .. .. e-mail me and i wil send you the pics ... djnas4u@aol.com ... aight .. trust me it take more time to pull the car appart then it dose to install all the shit in it ... but its worth it ... also did you relocate the hood pin wire .. thats also a easy mod .. because it mad easy to access that wire to pop the hood if you have not relocated it ... do so ...

slikk

Money Getter
i been had a hidden switch in my ride since last year .. it has been broken into once since then but they didnt get to steal it this time.

my switch is an ignition cut off kind of switch with a few dead end wires for added confusion to the sticky fingered bandit.. i was hoping to change it to relay operated fuel,ignation cut cut off switch and ass a very high pitch siren inside the car. one thing i fear about doing the in car siren is setting it off accidentially while me or someone i know is in the car. but definately i will be upgrading my switch this year.

DJNAS

HUSTLING FOR A HUSTLER
IntegrasAreBest said:
hmm where can you get stuff like the fuel cut off switch and alarm done ?

cut off switch is mad easy like 30 minutes to install .. with the right tools ................its so simple its funny .. i swear i am putting them in all my friends cars .... for the go to a car shop and get a good install