Seafoam Anyone??

GSROWNSU

After talking to a few people about my leakdown test results being bad and my opions a few of them said to try using seafoam on my engine. They said it will break down all of the carbon deposits in my engine and may bring the leakdown test numbers to where they are suppost to be. Anyone use seafoam before?

i3lakeintegra

GSROWNSU said:
After talking to a few people about my leakdown test results being bad and my opions a few of them said to try using seafoam on my engine. They said it will break down all of the carbon deposits in my engine and may bring the leakdown test numbers to where they are suppost to be. Anyone use seafoam before?
Yea its pretty good, just follow writeups on it, might need new plugs when done, are you feeding it through booster hose? thats what i did, car shut off, waited 15 min, tried to start it, had to push gas when starting the car for it to start, smoke everywhere, huge clouds lol, ran it hard for 10 min, then it was fine, i recommend it

GSROWNSU

i3lakeintegra said:
Yea its pretty good, just follow writeups on it, might need new plugs when done, are you feeding it through booster hose? thats what i did, car shut off, waited 15 min, tried to start it, had to push gas when starting the car for it to start, smoke everywhere, huge clouds lol, ran it hard for 10 min, then it was fine, i recommend it
do you think it will help my leakdown test numbers and restore my engine?

g3teg97

Super Moderator
There was a DIY article on H-T somewhere. I see if I can track it down for you.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I've been reading up on it and it looks like it can do more harm that good.

Sea Foam Review

Sea foam messes up spark plugs/wires/seals/ and o2 sensor

Sea Foam Help

Check engine light after sea foam

if you want to clean out the carbon, disassemble and clean them out with simple green or soap and reassemble. this applies to the TB and IM.

using caustic solvents does more harm than good.

a valve seal letting go will cost you way more than taking the part off and cleaning it by hand.

as for the chamber, occasional injector cleaner use is ok but again these can affect your seals. use gas with detergents.

the best way is to remove the head, remove the guides and seats and seals and hot tank it.

these shortcuts like seafoam will cost you in terms of performance and oil burning in the long run.