SeaFoam....opinions?

samace_sg

Second Glance
Well, i got my plugs, wires, fuel fitler, pcv valve, etc... almost everything for my tune up... Was reading about SeaFoam.. should I try this out before my tune up.. Anyone used it in their engine?

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
I use seafoam... It doesn't do anything bad to my car exept make it smoke a LOT for a while. lol

we actually just did it to my brother's teg yesterday. I don't see why it'd be a bad thing to use....

heykosal

Angkorian
oh yeah baby

i could get you some...for a price lol

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I don't see why it'd be a bad thing to use....
Short term: Good beacuse it makes it run great.
Long term: actually makes it worse

Way to many threads and people have said bad things about that so no seafom for me...I'm just doing a rebukl.

heykosal

Angkorian
actually at my HONDA dealer they carry ACURA top engine cleaner..dunno why maybe its cheaper from american honda.
anyways..PogKai have you seen the honda throttle plate and induction cleaner?

PogKai

B20VTEC
ok cool... imma look into Honda Top Engine Cleaner.. and how do you use it... just pours in?
no, it's meant to be sucked in with the engine running.. disconnect a vacuum hose, I prefer the brake booster one. don't do overdo it or the engine will stall..

TIP: Increase the RPM's while doing it. have a friend step on the gas or have something to stuck open the throttle body.

Warning: Do not inhale.. it's very toxic!

PogKai

B20VTEC
actually at my HONDA dealer they carry ACURA top engine cleaner..dunno why maybe its cheaper from american honda.
anyways..PogKai have you seen the honda throttle plate and induction cleaner?
I've heard about it, but haven't seen it.

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
I've SeaFoamed the teg and some of my old cars and have never had a bad experience. I personally like it. There are a lot of people who've had negative experiences, but that goes with any product.