main reqd light keeps flashing after i start car?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
All Integra's do it, it's normal. It's to remind you to perform scheduled maintenance. It goes off at regular intervals even if nothing's wrong. Well, even if something is wrong it won't set off the maintenance required light, it'll set off the check engine light.
To get it to stop:
-Turn the ignition on (you don't need to start the car)
-There's a square button down underneath the panel below the steering wheel. (In my car it's blue, but some people say there's is green) It on a little black box that's down there, the button faces towards the brake and gas pedal. Push it for about 5 seconds.
-Turn the ignition off, that's it.

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
im curious about the flashing though, cause my boys 94 gsr light just stayed on.

kcyrusm

I'm pretty sure your boy needs to have some maintanence done, like an oil change or somethin. Or a 30, 60, 90k service... Mine's on right now but i think it's cuz they forgot to reset it after they changed my oil. If it flashes and turns off when you start your car, i think you are ok. correct me if im wrong guys

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
yup thats right it says it in the owners manuel at certain milage it doescertain things after like fifteen thousand it stays on thats all its just there to remind you its time for maintenace just like the little green shit that turns red in hondas

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
lol my accord had that green yellow red bullshit it went off every 10k ... all you had to do to reset that bitch though was put your key into this slot in the gauge cluster.

kcyrusm

How do you reset that main required light for tegs?? 98+ preferably. Damn people keep forgetting to reset it after my oil changes

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
TegSox said:
To get it to stop:
-Turn the ignition on (you don't need to start the car)
-There's a square button down underneath the panel below the steering wheel. (In my car it's blue, but some people say there's is green) It on a little black box that's down there, the button faces towards the brake and gas pedal. Push it for about 5 seconds.
-Turn the ignition off, that's it.
How about actually reading the thread.

kcyrusm

TegSox said:
How about actually reading the thread.
Haha, oops. I've read it before a long time ago and remembered the thread so i looked it up to ask the question. i forgot it was already answered, my bad. :smackself