transmission fluid level?

Hey guys i was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on how to check the fluid level in my tranny (95 LS) and where in the hell to fill it at? also my halfshaft seal is leaking passenger side and i was curious if it shared the same fluid as the transmission. Like three different people have confused me on this cause some say the transmission is seperate from the driveline but it looks like one piece to me and my haynes manual is mis-printed and shows a pic of the throttle body instead of the tranny lol thanks for the help.

acclude

cheap bastard
Auto or manual? there is a difference

I'm assuming it's manual and the fill plug is up behind the axle. Don't remember but it's a 15mm or 17mm or something like that. It should be full until pretty much the top of that fill plug which is about 2.5 qts or so.

Auto fill through the dipstick tube and it's gonna be closer to 3 qts.

As for the half-shaft.....if you're talking about the boot being torn, no, it's grease. If you're talking about the seal going into the trans then yes, that is your trans fluid leaking and you should fix it as soon as you can.

rob1570

DC2 GS-R
and if you still have the manual it should tell you the fluid levels and how to change it step by step

acclude

cheap bastard
really?

So where do I fill it at?
the fill plug is up behind the axle. Don't remember but it's a 15mm or 17mm or something like that.

Jack the car up, look at where the axle meets the trans on the pass. side, and look towards the back. It's there. I promise.

Not trying to be a dick, but basically you have your shop manual telling you what to look for AND a response on this forum telling you what to look for and you still ask where it is? :shocked2::shocked2::shocked2:
:lame

acclude

cheap bastard
yes. You cn try a different weight if your trans is acting up, or live in extremelyhot or extremely cold weather, but stick to 10w30 or Honda MTF unless you have a specific reason for using a different weight.