polishing wheels

poordc2

I have strip the paint off my slipstreams and now it has that polish look and i was wounding if i could just spray some clear coat on the wheels so that i dont have to keep on polishing them all the time and to also keep that clean polish look......is clear coat the way to do or not????? any help would be great

Alvi84

The clear coat won't stick properly and can run very very easily. You can put a lite coat of wax on your wheels to protect them but you will have to continue to polish up your wheels to keep them at their peak.

Last edited:

mario_da9

Tex - Mex
Whats the best thing to use to strip them? I want to do the same thing to my fat 5s and i used some thing in a can from Advance Auto but that thing itches your body like crazy, but it does work quick.

poordc2

u can use airplane paint stripper and it will take the paint off real easy.....but cant i just take a 2000 or 1000 grit sand paper and wet sand them and then clear coat them

mario_da9

Tex - Mex
i used that Tal Strip remover and it had an airplane on it,lol. worked pretty good but the other one was actually better and not i have a good polish like finish to them

Haxto

My fat 5's. wet sanded 320, soapy wash, ws 400, wash,500, 1000, 1500, polish w/ buffing compound (white cutting type for stainless steel, wash, buff w/red shit, wash, finish w/ mothers and fiber cloth by hand, repeat mothers every now n then.

'99 Teg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EyeKhan

¡AY, CARAMBA!
Dayuum! Look at that reflection! That shine gonna blind people. It's like the most polished oem wheel I've seen on this site.

Awesome job. :thumbs up

Haxto

Thanx man, its nice to hear the hard work rewarded.

'99 Teg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk